Friday, November 2, 2012

Lemon Curd

Making some lemon curd for my macarons. I saw a recipe "Mayer lemon macarons with lemon curd and blackberry. I don't have the blackberry and I'm trying to substitude with blueberry. Haha.....not sure how's the taste like...

Hopefully my kids and my friends will love it.


Ingredient:
6 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
2 tbsps grated lemon zest (zest for only 2 lemons :P)
113g unsalted butter, cut into 1/8-in slices
 
Steps:
  1. In a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar until smooth, about 2 min.
  2. Mix in the lemon juice and zest and whisk until combined.
  3. Add in some water to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat. Place the mixing bowl on top of saucepan.
  4. Stir the mixture constantly with a egg beater, scraping until it begins to thicken. (It takes about 7-10 min)
  5. Remove from heat.
 

No comments: